Return to Maximum Independence
The goal of short-term rehabilitation stays at Sharmar Village is for the patient to be able to return to his or her highest level of function and return home with the resources required to continue living at home in the most dignified, independent manner possible. Having the Rehabilitation Center at Sharmar allows assisted living and long-term care residents to receive therapies on-site without the need for transportation to another facility. For seniors who are currently living in a private home, choosing Sharmar Village for physical therapy in Pueblo will provide the best care possible while building relationships for future care. Sharmar’s dynamic rehabilitation team is supported by education, knowledge, experience and sophisticated equipment and technology.
Comprehensive rehabilitation programs are provided by physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language therapists. These professionals are supported by nursing, nutrition, case management, social work, and activities teams. The entire program is under the direction of our Medical Director to complete a full rehabilitation team. Individual programs are tailored to include goals that will ensure appropriate functional skills can be identified, learned, safely implemented and reinforced. All options are explored to help patients achieve their highest levels of function and pride.
Sharmar’s Medicare Certified, Sub-acute rehabilitation program is customized in partnership with the Medical Director, professional consultants and facility staff to create a holistic experience with maximum functional outcomes.
- Post Stroke
- Post Total Joint Replacement
- Post Fracture or Musculoskeletal Injuries
Rehab residents are assisted in their goals for recovery in a motivating environment by a team of caring and highly qualified rehabilitation professionals. Following a thorough evaluation of a patient’s functional abilities, an individualized rehabilitation program is developed.
- Comprehensive interdisciplinary evaluation of health condition and functional status
- Individualized plan of treatment developed with the patient and rehab team to achieve the patient’s goals
- Therapy up to 6 days per week, based on the need and tolerance of the individual
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies as needed
- Rehab nursing care 24 hours per day
- Family and caregiver training
- Patient, family and caregiver support
- Comprehensive home evaluation prior to discharge
- Assistance with discharge planning and arrangements for follow-up services
Come and see the difference the Sharmar Village Rehab Team can make! Sharmar stands apart from rehabilitation hospitals with its ability to accept patients with a wider range of diagnoses and approval of longer stays. We gladly accept Medicare, private insurance, and most supplemental insurances. Please call us for assistance with understanding your insurance coverage options.