28 Oct 21
Residents and Family Members,
We are still testing twice a week for all staff and residents for Sharmar. We received results of all negative, however four samples were unable to be tested so we are coordinating with county health officials to determine if we can press forward with releasing restrictions. The information will be communicated when we are able to resume indoor visitation. We tested all on Tuesday, however the lab is not as responsive as they were a few months ago and results are taking 1-2 days longer to receive. Chateau continues with the testing for unvaccinated staff and symptomatic residents (if occurs).
The following is provided from the county’s latest update:
Key points from Director Evetts’ (PDPHE) update during our briefing (27 Oct)
- Delta variant continues to be the predominant strain
- 7-day incidence is increasing across the state and is at its highest point since last January
- Cases are increasing in all age groups age 5 and older
- 7-day positivity is 8.49% (Pueblo is 9.0% today – 10/27)
- Hospitalizations continue to increase. Concern about hospital capacity across the state. Based on the current trajectory, hospitalizations will not peak until the first week of December.
- Mortality is also steadily increasing
- Colorado had the 8th highest incidence rate in the country
- Pueblo County continues to increase while other counties are beginning to see a downturn in cases
Today Pueblo has 77 COVID patients in the hospital. Our case incidence is 468/100,000 (about 768 cases in the last 7 days.) Our positivity is 9%. There have been 24 confirmed deaths in October, and 8 additional deaths are pending confirmation from the state. The age range for those who died is 2-101, with the average being age 67. Hospitals are reporting that they are at capacity or over. ICU capacity is limited, with many patients waiting in the ER for beds. Both hospitals are on divert. According to CDC guidelines, Pueblo County is at a “Severe” transmission rate. Vaccination rates in Pueblo are climbing but very slowly. We are currently about 59% full vaccinated of those who are eligible.
This letter is provided electronically either through email or our website. We do mail a copy the first week a new admit joins us if no email has been provided to share the information how to receive future copies via the website. If you are not receiving by email and would like to do so, let us know your address. Please contact the facilities with your questions.